Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Hope



There it shines in the dark,

Where nothing else resides.
Wavering
Shivering
Standing tall..

Fighting the darkness


Battling the fears which enthrall


When Despair
envelopes all

Nothing escapes its painful claws


Nothing but the shiny tiny ..shivering glow,

Which amounts to nothing
But is still aglow

Escaping the bars of solitude
Declaring its conquest over the land where sorrow thrives
Bringing in Peace, Love, and Gratitude
This is where “Hope” resides.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very aptly written and shud b taken as an example to go ahead...:)))

Anki said...

I was going through my own blog :) and wel..i just wanted to add certain comments abt what prompted me to write these poems.

I was sitting in office pulled down with the night shifts and the unfairness of it all and it was almost the time to leave for the day, when i just found myself..writing a mail to my frnd..and wht i wrote was this poem.

and i smiled...coz that is the power of hope...it can make u smile..no matter what

Octpowrimo - #11 - Connect

crowded queues varied views tragic news! I seek to escape... need to over-generalize. Each viewpoint - its own faded hue orange, reds and bl...