Friday, November 11, 2005

Good Morning!




Four cornered- right angled
Not an eye of God

Neither the mirror which reflects all

This is the window

On the opposite wall

It doesn’t look in

It helps me look out

I look out and I see
A World besides my own,
Troubles…not mine!
Laughter…which no one owns

Sitting pretty by the window
Is a little beetle bug..
Waiting for the sun to shine on its
Red and black shell..

And there are those who hate the sight of it…
While there are those who won’t let it move out of sight.

Tiny must the world seem to him,
In his shell,

Constricting…complaining… he must move on
Oh! If only he would have looked up from his burden

A wonderful world by the window, he would have found!

2 comments:

Anki said...

It's not exactly a 'take-off', its just tht her words seem to echo inside...and hence they reflect in my poems...the line tht u are referring to is from 'Mirror'..one of my favourites..

Ai Mo said...

Good good....
And it took me orkut to figure out it was you..:)

Octpowrimo - #11 - Connect

crowded queues varied views tragic news! I seek to escape... need to over-generalize. Each viewpoint - its own faded hue orange, reds and bl...