Sunday, February 03, 2008

'Daayara' - fencing the boundary




sifting through the memories
(memories i have collected of you)
i wonder if you loved me
(or if i loved you too)
I wonder if you left,
because you had nothing to say.
or if you just forgot,
that it was something special we shared
and love had nothing to do with it all.

I still miss you
when an odd hour strikes
but I would surely not seek you
when i need someone to fight
remember this now:

"if suddenly
you forget me,
do not look for me
for I shall already have forgotten you"


once lost
twice redeemed
three times an offer
to go extreme
but even i have boundaries
which is where I am at.


PS - "the 4 lines in quotes, have been directly quoted from the poem 'If you forget me' by Pablo Neruda"
-------------------------------

दायरा

यादों का कायदा
ये यादों का फ़ायदा
चाहा था मैंने तुम्हे ?
या ये था सिर्फ तुम्हारी चाहत का जायज़ा
उम्मीद थी कभी
कि तुम्हे भी होगा एहसास
जो था हमारे बीच
वो था चाहत से भी ज़यादा

खटखटाते लम्हों में भी
तुझे ना बुलायेंगे
ढूंढेंगे जब ख्याल तुम्हे
तो कुछ यूँही उन्हें समझायेंगे

गर तुम भूल गए हमें
तो तुमको भी हम भुलायेंगे

तुम चुप कहीं खो गए
और अब यही मेरा दायरा

4 comments:

humbl devil said...

the quoted lines dont mix well with your words...as it's a totally different style...
but nice effort...
:)

AakASH!!! said...

i think the devil is right. Its jarring with the entire flow of the poem.

But its nice. I wish you wd have written it in hindi though, Daayra is such a nice word.

Anki said...

somehow .. i don't agree with either of you.. maybe because I wrote the poem for the specific reason of the message of those 4 lines, so i guess its my blind spot.
but thankyou for your encouraging comments.

Anonymous said...

Anki, I agree with the first two posts. It doesn't gel with the rest of the lines. But i somehow didn't find that to be a bad thing. I think it brings balance. Maybe it's my blindspot too as I loved those lines.

-Varti

Octpowrimo - #11 - Connect

crowded queues varied views tragic news! I seek to escape... need to over-generalize. Each viewpoint - its own faded hue orange, reds and bl...